Tuesday 12 June 2012

Man vs Woman vs Technology

I came across this piece which argues against the traditional belief that young men set the buying trend on new technology.

The Atlantic article suggests it's women who are the demographic tech companies should be focussed on as they are the ones who take up new technology faster than men.

It's an interesting article, but more enlightening (or depressing - depending on your perspective) are the comments that spew forth below the online piece. 

I was fascinated with how gendered the responses were and how upset some seemed to be by the article, viciously arguing against the idea that women might actually be making the decisions on new technology. 

Who knew men took the crown of technology take-up so seriously.

I'm just going to skip off now and help with the beta testing of my graphics card update while playing the latest video game and using the voice recognition on my iphone 4. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment